ShotProApp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ShotProApp

This community is here to give a place for users of ShotPro to gather, share information, learn and suggest development features they want to see.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

22 features that will make ShotPro the best movie app in the world!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kinesias

22 features that will make ShotPro the best movie app in the world! Empty
PostSubject: 22 features that will make ShotPro the best movie app in the world!   22 features that will make ShotPro the best movie app in the world! EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 8:46 am

Hi,

I'm a film director working on my first feature film. I'm a huge fan of previz as it gives me the possibly to screw up before the shoot, not on the shoot. I've been using FrameForge 3D, Maya and Shot Designer, but your app seems to kick the others in the face.

However, I've come across soma nasty bugs. Also, I'd like you to add some nice features in the near future.

MOVIE BROWSER
1. Tapping on a movie label should open the shot browser. So far, it does nothing.

SHOT BROWSER
2. The Save button doesn't do anything.
3. Prompt an error if the app doesn't have access to the camera roll (privacy setting) when exporting.
4. Possibility to export with 25fps.

SHOT BUILDER
5. UNDO button. C'on guys, that's a must!
6. A new scene should always start empty by default.
7. Possibility to duplicate objects, modify them and store as new presets.
8. Possibility to duplicate cameras with the exact same properties (lens size, tilt rotation, height), and possibility to MIRROR them for "shot / reverse shot" as we use that all the time for shooting dialog scenes.
9. If a scene has 3 cameras, give us the possibility to export those 3 camera previews as movies! (I'd like to edit them together in Final Cut Pro afterwards - even better: give us a possibility to cut those cameras together within the shot builder!)
10. Cameras can't be rotated freely by 360 or more degrees! Don't give us limits.
11. Add real world sensor sizes - the lens size doesn't translate well if we can't mimic real sensor sizes as in ARRI ALEXA, RED, BLACKMAGIC.
12. Previewing a shot full screen without having to open it in the shot browser.
13. Possibility to lock a camera on a target, for creating PIVOT shots. Bonus: give us the possibly to simulate shakiness of a handheld camera.
14. Possibility to give cameras labels and nicknames

OBJECTS
15. Blend character poses (standing -> sitting and vice versa)
16. Possibility to reset tilt, rotation and height
17. Possibility to import objects from Maya, Google sketch up and stuff.
18. add HORSES and riders!
19. Possibility to select objects by name. If I have a huge table, I can't tap on things beneath it.
20. possibility to draw simple 3d primitive objects like spheres, cubes, cylinders.

SETS
21. Possibilty to build custom rooms by dragging walls like in FrameForge
22. possibilty to rotate stuff in all 3 axes.

I'll figure out more stuff soon.
You guys rock, I'll give you a shoutout in my Oscar-speech Surprised)

Back to top Go down
Fyr

PostSubject: Re: 22 features that will make ShotPro the best movie app in the world!   22 features that will make ShotPro the best movie app in the world! EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 11:59 am

True. If the developer gyus manage to realize all this, it will be a real killer app, besting $1000 visualizing soft. Please go ambitious!
Back to top Go down
Kinesias

PostSubject: only 5 cameras   22 features that will make ShotPro the best movie app in the world! EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 4:59 am

do I see this right or is there really a limitation of max 5 cameras per scene? And 5 objects of the same kind per scene?
Back to top Go down
Andy@ShotPro

PostSubject: Re: 22 features that will make ShotPro the best movie app in the world!   22 features that will make ShotPro the best movie app in the world! EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 4:09 pm

Kinesias

You have some good suggestions. Some will be in the next upgrade. We're going to bump the price up to $1000. Just kidding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 22 features that will make ShotPro the best movie app in the world!   22 features that will make ShotPro the best movie app in the world! Empty

Back to top Go down

22 features that will make ShotPro the best movie app in the world!
Page 1 of 1