ShotProApp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ShotProApp

This community is here to give a place for users of ShotPro to gather, share information, learn and suggest development features they want to see.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Possible new features?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Miguel_Angel

Possible new features? Empty
PostSubject: Possible new features?   Possible new features? EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 5:38 pm

Hello,

It is Miguel Angel from Ireland.

I have downloaded your app called ShotPro and although it is a really powerful tool I miss a couple of things regarding lighting so I wanted to share those things with you and maybe you could implement them in the future?

1) As a cinematographer I miss more lighting sources, like Kinoflos, Celebs, Chimeras, etc with real photometric values (if possible)

2) I would also love to be able to bounce light on walls or polyboards as well in a realistic way since you cannot do so in the current version.

Imagine that you light the entire set but you miss a bounce from the floor, then, add the polyboard and direct a light towards the poly and see how the bounce reacts, would be amazing!

3) A diffusion frame with different strengths and sizable would be really cool, a lot of us like diffusing light all the way until it hits the actor and it is also very useful for cars.

4) A sizable black solid piece of something to cut the light would be amazing too.

5) Practicals that you can switch on / off, shine in a realistic way and are dimmable would be a fantastic addition too. I as a cinematographer love lighting a set with practicals when possible.

6) Different aspect ratios to let us frame with the right aspect ratio.

7) Anamorphic lenses would be interesting too.

Overall I am having a lot of fun setting up everything on your app and showing it to the directors and producers alike! Smile
My life got easier thanks to it!

Thank you very much for creating this marvelous app.

Have a lovely day!
Back to top Go down
Andy@ShotPro

PostSubject: Re: Possible new features?   Possible new features? EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 1:53 pm

Hello Miguel,

Great to hear that you are finding ShotPro useful. The lighting suggestions you made are great and most are in the plans. Aspect ratios will be in the next upgrade.

Thanks
Andy
Back to top Go down
Miguel_Angel

PostSubject: Re: Possible new features?   Possible new features? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 5:11 pm

Hello Andy,

Thank you very much for the response.

It is great to listen that the lighting suggestions are in the plans! I will be a happier cinematographer by then ha!

Could it be possible to ask for single fluorescent tubes, dimmables, switchables, sizables and with all the colours available? would be a very cool addition.

There is also a thing I forgot to mention but it would be interesting to have the option to build a standard room and make it look like whatever you want to.

Let's say being able to build a house like a SIMS house, you decide the meters or the walls then it is built and then you put windows and doors.

Thank you very much again and happy Paddy's Day!
Back to top Go down
Andy@ShotPro

PostSubject: Re: Possible new features?   Possible new features? EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 2:32 pm

Hi Miguel

The current lights are dimmable, switchable, and have full color control.
In the next upgrade you will have more wall options. It won't be quite as automatic as the SIMS at this point.
Back to top Go down
Miguel_Angel

PostSubject: Re: Possible new features?   Possible new features? EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 11:32 am

Hi Andy,

Sorry for the late reply but I have been working.

You're right, the current lights are dimmable and etc, however we don't have single fluorescents at the moment, that's why I said that it would be a fantastic addition to the app.

I think somebody said that it would be great if the 30 seconds shoot could be removable, if nobody did, I do! Smile

Looking forward to getting the new upgrade! Smile

Thank you very much!
Back to top Go down
Andy@ShotPro

PostSubject: Re: Possible new features?   Possible new features? EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 5:39 pm

Regarding the fluorescents, are you asking for a prop that looks like a fluorescent light or are you looking to get the color temperature to match fluorescent? You can totally adjust the color temperature of any light.
Back to top Go down
Miguel_Angel

PostSubject: Re: Possible new features?   Possible new features? EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 5:42 pm

Hi!

A prop that looks like a fluorescent light and which can be turned on / off and can be colour temperature adjusted Smile

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible new features?   Possible new features? Empty

Back to top Go down

Possible new features?
Page 1 of 1