ShotProApp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ShotProApp

This community is here to give a place for users of ShotPro to gather, share information, learn and suggest development features they want to see.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Real Previz or just storyboarding?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ACJ

Real Previz or just storyboarding? Empty
PostSubject: Real Previz or just storyboarding?   Real Previz or just storyboarding? EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 4:43 am

So many programs calling themselves previz but are just storyboarding really. Is Shotpro Real Previz or just glorified storyboarding?
Like, I use Frameforge and even though it's called previz, it is not. You can't have real animation. So you can't for example set a full scene up and let it play out and set multiple cameras to record. You have to painfully "animate" the scene and characters in each camera. Because is not real animation. It's tweening.

How is Shotpro?

And how does it compare to Frameforge from a pro point of view? Frameforge gives you all the info which can translate to a real set. Like lens, tilt, roll, camera height, distance to subject etc. I can even choose existing real world lens sets like Master Primes etc. You can also build sets to precise sizes to match your real set. So it all transfers to real life. Not like some animation programs which are actually made for making little movies and give you no real info. How is Shotpro in this regard? Thanks in advance for your input.
Back to top Go down
ACJ

PostSubject: Re: Real Previz or just storyboarding?   Real Previz or just storyboarding? EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 11:52 pm

Is this the wrong forum or is the board just dead?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
ACJ

PostSubject: Re: Real Previz or just storyboarding?   Real Previz or just storyboarding? EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 4:22 am

It seems not many people use this app. I thought it was quite popular. But the silence here is very telling. Should I look elsewhere?
Back to top Go down
ACJ

PostSubject: Re: Real Previz or just storyboarding?   Real Previz or just storyboarding? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 4:58 am

So is this app dead? There hasn't been a single post in this forum for almost a month now.
Back to top Go down
abcowan

PostSubject: Re: Real Previz or just storyboarding?   Real Previz or just storyboarding? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 6:45 pm

I bought it a month or so back - version 2.0.1 for Mac - so I don't think the product is dead. There's not a lot of action going on in the forums though Sad .
I've not used Frameforge but from what I could see it looked relatively complicated and not super simple to just pick up and use. Using ShotPro has been ace - the characters all have a bunch of animation cycles and there are props and stuff to use. You can't do anything really tricky like change costume or anything (or adapt the features of the characters) but for what I want it's fine. I'm finding it useful for thinking about camera angles/lenses etc -you can set focal lengths and add lights. It's not expensive (compared to something like Maya) so I recommend just holding your breath and just buying it to see if it's got everything you need.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Real Previz or just storyboarding?   Real Previz or just storyboarding? Empty

Back to top Go down

Real Previz or just storyboarding?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ShotProApp  :: Request New Features-
Jump to: