ShotProApp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ShotProApp

This community is here to give a place for users of ShotPro to gather, share information, learn and suggest development features they want to see.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

bring back the 'copy' & 'paste' buttons

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wshotter

bring back the 'copy' & 'paste' buttons Empty
PostSubject: bring back the 'copy' & 'paste' buttons   bring back the 'copy' & 'paste' buttons EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 8:13 pm

hi guys

i noticed you've changed the 'copy' & 'paste' buttons into a 'duplicate' button. this means you can't copy a project into another folder anymore and can only duplicate within that folder. this creates a huge problem by limiting the set that's been designed to the one folder, unless you want to totally re design and light it in another folder. it's also an issue because if there are too many projects/shots within one folder, while they may be exportable, the ipad wont email them through because the overall file is too large.

i'm working on a short film i've been designing in the app where most of the short takes place in the one room, a set i've spent a lot of time designing and lighting which is sitting in one folder. is there any way i can copy and paste this into another folder or duplicate a folder? if not i'm afraid i am very stuck. this would be solved by simply applying another 'duplicate' button to the folders section of the app so you can duplicate a folder - or alternatively going back to the 'copy' & 'paste' buttons, which worked well.

w
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: bring back the 'copy' & 'paste' buttons   bring back the 'copy' & 'paste' buttons EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 12:01 am

Hi!

I'm a little confused about the terminology you are using. Perhaps you can reword your question with the following terms:

• Project: This is a single movie, it contains up to 50 scenes.
• Scene: This is a single shot, it contains actors in props.

In terms of duplicating a project, this should be possible through iTunes. Go to the file sharing part of iTunes, and duplicate & rename the project there. You may have to transfer it to your desktop, rename it, and upload back to your device.

Let me know if this works.
Back to top Go down
https://shotproapp.forumotion.com
wshotter

PostSubject: Re: bring back the 'copy' & 'paste' buttons   bring back the 'copy' & 'paste' buttons EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 1:09 am

hello

thanks for your quick reply. okay, i'll try to explain it again. you used to be able to copy a scene from one project and paste it into another project, through the use of the copy and paste buttons. now you can only duplicate a scene within a project and can't copy it into another project, because the buttons have been replaced with a duplicate button. does that make sense?

i don't actually use a single 'project' for just the one movie, but rather split up the actual scenes or set builds into different projects, so i can try many different variations and save them. i don't use the app to edit the scenes together, but rather import the different scenes separately and edit them in final cut as it gives me a lot more room to tweak. as i mentioned, the ipad doesn't like to email files above a certain size either, so rendering out a whole movie with up to 50 shots is a problem.

so is there a way to copy and paste a scene from one project into another project? it was possible before and it doesnt seem to be now. i don't understand why the buttons were changed as they were very handy.

w
Back to top Go down
Andy@ShotPro

PostSubject: Re: bring back the 'copy' & 'paste' buttons   bring back the 'copy' & 'paste' buttons EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 7:44 pm

Copy paste between projects has been temporarily disabled due to some fundamental changes we are making to the app. We will look to bring that functionality back in the future.
Back to top Go down
wshotter

PostSubject: Re: bring back the 'copy' & 'paste' buttons   bring back the 'copy' & 'paste' buttons EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 7:47 pm

okay great. it was incredibly useful. i'll try you're other suggestion in the meantime. do you think it may come back in the next version of the app?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bring back the 'copy' & 'paste' buttons   bring back the 'copy' & 'paste' buttons Empty

Back to top Go down

bring back the 'copy' & 'paste' buttons
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ShotProApp  :: Questions-
Jump to: